Monday, December 8, 2008

Adventures whizzing by...

Well, folks, there it went, flying by: my last trip to Amantaní. Did you see it coming? No? Me neither. There is just a little over a week until I leave Perú and, unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to Santa Rosa, its people, and a bunch of beautiful children I've come to consider my own in some way.

This is not, however, the point in the story when things get resolved and everybody lives happily ever after. This is actually where the plot thickens. The people of Santa Rosa, the children who lack access to quality teachers and co-curricular activities, continue to need your support. The Cultural Exchange Tour of All Ways Travel will continue to offer the opportunity to give back to the country so many tourists yearn to truly experience.

This blog won't end either. Tomorrow, there will be a training exercise with all of the guides and most of the staff of All Ways in an effort to keep improving the adventure on both sides, that of the local and that of the tourist. With continued work, continued effort, and continuing visitors the children of Santa Rosa will achieve great success. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Catherine VandeVelde said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog entries on your experiences. I am planning my honeymoon to Peru in April 2009 and we are considering doing a one-night family stay through All Ways Travel.

Great posts!