Sunday, January 18, 2009

Missing...everything.

I know this blog entry is LONG time coming and to those of you who were waiting, pardon the delay. The main reason for the procrastination is that by writing this, my final mini-reportaje, I'm sealing off an amazing chapter of my life, a chapter that is too short and contains too many word to recount. I'm back in the United States now; I came home shortly before the Navidad holiday bringing home the maximum amount of souvenirs allowed by the law of common reason and a few accidental coca leaves in my pocket. The main purpose of this letter-ette is to give thanks to everyone who daily makes possible the idea of a mutually beneficial existence of both tourism and indigenous culture in Southern Peru: the people of Santa Rosa (especially the parents who lend their children), the staff of All Ways Travel, my friend Laura Kurland, my housemate Liliana Pichoasamin, and, above all, Señor Victor Pauca and his daughter Eliana. I hope to be back soon.

I probably won't check this blog too much now outside of moments of yearning melancholy but if you have any questions, comments, or stories leave them here and I'll be sure to respond.

No comments: